Probably most of you are aware of the fact that out of the total number of smartphone users in the world 51% are on Android. The reasons are obvious. Nokia’s Symbian is outdated. Apple’s iPhone is good but in India you can have an Android for Rs.7000 but can’t have an iphone at this price.
RIM by Blackberry is also good but it is having less applications and also costly than Android. Android market is having more than 2,000,000 applications and being an Android user I know how difficult it is to choose any application. So Through this post I am trying to solve your problem a little bit by suggesting some must have apps if you are on android.
1. Astro File Manager-There are hundreds of file manager available in market but nothing beats Astro. By using file manager you can manage your files without having to connect your android to PC. Astro allows you to backup your apps in SD cards. There are two versions of this file manager available in the market, one is free which displays ads and for the paid version, you have to pay Rs. 204.59.
2. Amazon Kindle-If you spend a lot of time reading ebooks on your Android then this is a must have app for you. Amazon kindle is a ebook store featuring more than 900,000 ebooks. Some of these are free and while for others you will have to pay some money. You can download Amazon kindle free from Android market.
3. Anti-virus Pro-Android users are usually concerned about the malware and virus. But now you won’t have to because of this awesome anti-virus from AVG.It can scan virus and malware in your files, SMS ,apps and media. You can download a trial from the market to find out whether it is for you or not then upgrade to paid version for which you will have to pay Rs. 257.23.
4. Evernote- Evernote is a NY times Top 10 must have app winner, Techcrunch crunchies, mashable awards winner. Most of you are already having it in your Android. This app allows you to take notes, capture photos, record voice reminders. It is having the capability to sync your notes to your PC. You can even save your tweets to Evernote. This is absolutely free app so just go to android market and download it immediately.
5. Nimbuzz- This awesome app allows you to chat with your friends whether they are on facebook, Google, Yahoo, Myspace, Windows live messenger or skype. You can download it from the market from free of cost.
6. Angrybirds-It is impossible to find an Android device without angrybirds installed on it. A really additive game and awesome time killer.
7. Facebook-For all those FB addicts this is a must have app. It really provides a fabulous experience using Facebook on Android. You can easily navigate through friends share like them and comment on them. FB chat is also good. This app is free.
8. Tubemate-This app allows you to download videos from youtube in any resolution. This app is suitable for both high end and low end devices and can be downloaded free from the Google market.
9. File cover- Everyone loves privacy, right? File cover helps you keep your images and videos private. It locks your images and videos by a password. Free version allows you to hide 12 images and 12 videos but the paid version has unlimited images and vids hidden capability. Paid version costs you Rs. 79.87.
10. Turbodownloader-Tired of your slow internet speed, then get turbo downloader. It boosts your download speed upto 3 times. But in free version you can download only one file at a time and there is no resume support, on the other hand paid version allows you to download to download any number of files at a time and also support pause and resume feature. The supported browser for turbo downloader are built in android browser, dolphin HD browser, UC browser, Miren browser, Firefox browser, Boat browser, Ninesky browser. You can download free version or get pro version by paying Rs. 205.68.